The Gibberd Gallery is a purpose-built contemporary exhibition space in the centre of Harlow on the mezzanine floor of the Civic Centre. It is home to the Sir Frederick Gibberd 20th Century Watercolour Collection, an important collection of British watercolours donated to the town by Sir Frederick Gibberd in 1984. We also run an exciting programme of special exhibitions featuring a lively mix of local and national artists attracting a broad audience.
Each year there is a 3D focus within the programme, reflecting Harlow's status as a sculpture town and drawing attention to its significant sculpture collection. Activities often accompany shows, including talks, demonstrations and workshops. The gallery is also available to hire for events and small exhibitions.
The Gibberd Gallery is run by the Harlow Art Trust, a charity formed in 1953 to commission and care for sculpture in the town. The Friends of Harlow Sculpture and Gibberd Gallery support our activity through fundraising, tours, and events for a small yearly subscription.